Monday, November 03, 2008

My walk with Jesus

I grew up in a bible believing christian family. I always knew what was right and wrong. However I had to make my own decision to accept Jesus into my life, my family could not make this decision for me. Anyway I made this decision at a young age. Life was great, I was happy out but then cam the mid teens. Life turned upside down for me. I turned away from Jesus and did my own, I didnt do this intentionally but the desires of the world sucked me in. I started doing things that I never imagined myself doing. I have so much time for my non believing friends beacause ultimately I want them saved too but I got to close and started doing the things they did. Getting drunk every week was the main thing. I also had a non believing girlfriend. Basically I did the things of the world, something that God has everyone to stay from.

After three years of turning my back on Jesus, I had an opportunity and I took it. My friends all went away for the summer and I had to stay back because my best friend was getting married and I was best man (My best friend follows Jesus and I really thank God for him standing by me all those lost years). I clung to the opportunity that God provided and while my friends were away I surrounded myself with christian friends and I started being the real me again. This is where my walk with Jesus began again, I got back on the right path again.

This all happened just three months ago and I will never regret the decision to walk with Jesus again. He is the only one true hope in this world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home